Friday, August 11, 2006

day 3

today actually went pretty fast! i was busy the whole time. i finished the outlets in the loft and started pulling home run wires on the second floor. i took a break from pulling wire long enough to do some outlets and switches in the one unit i had already pulled wire for. that was the whole day.

apparently, i look like a real electrician who know what he's doing. one construction guy asked me the difference between the white wires and yellow wires. i told him the yellow ones are bigger to carry more amps. i was impressed with myself. another construction guy asked if he could nail a brace near some of my wires. i told him it was ok and he said "you're the electrician." i felt like i belonged! but not quite, because my feet were hurting again by the end of the day despite my brand new new balance shoes. maybe they just need to be broken in; shouldn't take long.

injury update: i received two bloody nicks today. one on my right middle finger where i nicked a metal joist hanger and one on my left index finger where i cut myself with my wire cutters. i used electrican's band-aids: electrical tape.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

New balance shoes? pfft. You need steel toed boots to work at construction sites.

I guess you are usually wiring after most of the big items are already in. With wireless data cabling is probably on the decline in houses.

For note your blog background is still a blinding and painful red color.

9:01 PM  
Blogger scott said...

i don't need steel-toe boots; i'm just an electrician. right now we're just roughing in so the only things that are in the building are the tubs/showers. they just finished putting the roof on today.

and i know the background is bright. i like it, but then i don't have to read it because i wrote it. david, that jolt is your punishment for using a slow connection. maybe you could darken the pic a little for me? i don't really have time.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Urbana, Illinois, United States

i'm a Christian that is still learning to give God control and does not like to capitalize unless absolutely necessary.

Powered by Blogger